Do you need a prison adventure? Get into your hardhat, slip into your overalls and pull on your boots and charge your headlamps before locking into the ladder system and descending 20 metres into the depths below.
Trek through sections of the labyrinth of tunnels on foot, then board the replica convict punts to explore the submerged passageways accessible only by boat.
Discover original blast holes, bores, oil lamp recesses and artefacts from the days when working in the tunnels was hard labour for prisoners.
||Daily at 9.00am, 9.45am, 10.40am, 12.20pm, 1.40pm, 2.40pm and 3.25pm|
||2 hours 30 minutes|
||Essential. Tickets must be pre-booked and pre-paid|
To book tickets, please call 08 9336 9200 (we are not able to accept online or email bookings)
Please have your Visa or MasterCard ready as full payment is required at the time of booking
Once booked tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
||$60.00 per adult, $50.00 per concession, $40.00 per child (must be over the age of 12)|
- Cameras are encouraged but cannot be taken down into the tunnels. Lockers are provided for safe storage of items while on tour
- *Minimum age is 12 years. Children between the ages of 12 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult (18+). People between the ages of 12 and 17 years must have the declaration form co-signed by an adult
- Participants must be physically fit and able. If you are an expectant mother or are recovering from a medical procedure, you are advised not to participate on this tour
- Visitors must be able to fit into the compulsory safety equipment provided. This includes helmet, life jacket, harness, coveralls and boots. A range of sizes is available. If you have any concerns please ask the Visitor Services staff at the time of booking
- Alcohol breath test applies (must have less than 0.05 reading)
- Long hair should be tied back
- Pants, jeans or shorts are recommended
- BYO socks
- A declaration form must be read and signed by each participant
This experience involves climbing down and back up a 20 metre ladder. It is not recommended for those with a fear of heights.
The tunnels are approximately 2 metres wide and as low as 1.5 metres high in some points. It is not recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia.
The tour involves ladder climbing, walking while stooping (not crawling) and paddling small boats. You must advise your guide of any health issues that may affect your ability to complete this tour.
Want a sneak peek at the Tunnels Tour? Click here to view one minute snapshot video of what you can expect on your tour.
(Please note, file size of video is 1,247 KB)
Tour Fact Sheet
Download a Tunnels Tour Fact Sheet.