A tour of Fremantle Prison is a fantastic and fascinating day out whether you are a local, interstate or international visitor. Far more than just Western Australia's only World Heritage listed building, Fremantle Prison is a piece of living history.
Situated in the heart of bustling Fremantle, the Prison is a lasting monument to the city that was. Step inside and be transported back in time to experience both the good and bad of our history. See the tiny cells in which people lived day after day, the stunning art painted straight on the walls and the inspiring convict-made architecture.
If only the walls could talk! However, the guided tour offers the next best thing - the amazing stories that each and every tour guide has to offer. No two tours are the same, as this ancient building's history holds many secrets and stories ready to be shared and each guide has their own interests, perspectives and experiences.
The Prison offers a range of tours, each one unique and exciting in its own way. Tours include:
Entry to the Gatehouse, including the Visitor Centre, Prison Gallery, Gift Shop and Convict Cafe is free. Click here for information on tour prices.
If you are planning a school excursion for your class, Fremantle Prison also offers school tours. For all the information you need to know about booking a school tour, please click here.
Visitors to Fremantle Prison should note surfaces are not always even. Please watch your step. Footwear must be worn at all times.
Fremantle Prison accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising from a visit or whilst on the premises.
It is a condition of entry that visitors observe all warning signs and follow instructions provided by the Tour Guide or Prison staff.
Fremantle Prison reserves the right to alter, close or curtail any tour, function, exhibit, or event.
If a tour, function, exhibit or event is altered, closed, cancelled or curtailed, ticket refunds or exchanges are at the sole discretion of Fremantle Prison.
Tickets must be retained by the holder until their visit to Fremantle Prison is complete.
Fremantle Prison retains the right to deny access and / or remove visitors who are being a public nuisance, acting recklessly or failing to observe directions from Fremantle Prison staff or signage.
All tickets are non-refundable or non-transferable.
Gift Vouchers are a fantastic and unique present idea and are only available for purchase through Fremantle Prison. Gift vouchers can only be purchased by contacting our Ticket Office on 08 9336 9200 or visiting our Gift Shop seven days per week.
Please note, we do not offer online / email bookings. If purchasing a voucher over the phone you will need to pay with a credit card and the voucher will be posted out to you. Please allow 2 to 3 working days delivery for Perth metropolitan orders.
Gift Vouchers are available for either of our Prison Day tours, spooky Torchlight Tours and adventurous Tunnels Tours.
Fremantle Prison also sells an All Tour Pass - which is a greay way to experience all four Fremantle Prison tours at a great price. Single tour tickets may be upgraded to an All Tour Pass within one week of initial tour.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for six (6) months from date of purchase.
- Gift Voucher must be redeemed for tour ticket upon arrival at Fremantle Prison.
- Gift Voucher is valid for scheduled Prison Day Tours, Tunnels Tours or Torchlight Tours only.
- Vouchers are not valid for Halloween Tours, Day Tour Packages or any other special events.
- Bookings are essential for Tunnels Tours and Torchlight Tours and participation is subject to availability.
- Gift Voucher is not refundable or transferrable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- If a tour is altered or cancelled, refunds or exchanges are at the sole discretion of Fremantle Prison.
- Valid concession cards must be shown when redeeming voucher.
- Participants on Tunnels Tours must be at least 12 years old and meet tour participation conditions