Fremantle Prison holds the key to history, mystery, culture and fun.
- A range of tours is available for you to experience
- Various exhibitions are shown in the Prison Gallery
- Looking for a function venue with a difference? Fremantle Prison provides the perfect backdrop for corporate functions
- The onsite Convict Cafe provides light refreshments before and after tour
- Fantastic Fremantle Prison souvenirs are available from the Gift Shop
Check out our Calendar of Events for what's happening in the Prison this year.
Fremantle Prison is open seven days a week, excluding Good Friday and Christmas Day.
The Prison Gatehouse is open from 9.00am until 5.00pm daily, and later on Wednesday and Friday evenings.
The Gatehouse includes a Gift Shop, Visitor Centre, Prison Gallery and Convict Cafe. All areas are open daily and are free to access. To go beyond the Wray gates into the Prison you need to be on a guided tour.
Fremantle Prison offers four tours:
- Doing Time Tours - departing every 30 minutes between 10.00am and 5.00pm daily
- Great Escapes Tours - departing every hour between 11.45am and 4.45pm daily
- Tunnels Tours - departing regularly from 9.00am. Bookings and pre-payment essential
- Torchlight Tours - departing regularly Wednesday and Friday evenings. Bookings and pre-payment essential.
Gift Vouchers are also available for all tours mentioned above.